TBN NetBeans Module
Visual creation of ADL and topology XML files for TBN with this NetBeans IDE 6.0 module.
- Download the nbm-file below and save it somewhere on your computer.
- Launch NetBeans IDE 6.0 (or later) available from www.netbeans.org.
- Go to Tools -> Plugins and click on the Downloaded tab.
- Click on Add Plugins... and choose the downloaded file
com-markuspage-markus-tbn-module1-0.1.7.nbm (151 kB) v. 0.1.7
com-markuspage-markus-tbn-module1-0.1.6.nbm (119 kB) v. 0.1.6
com-markuspage-markus-tbn-module1-0.1.5.nbm (116 kB) v. 0.1.5
com-markuspage-markus-tbn-module1-0.1.3.nbm (113 kB) v. 0.1.3
After installing the module two new file types has been added. Choose File -> New File -> and choose category TBN and select any of "Empty Topology file" or "Empty ADL file".
2008-04-06 v. 0.1.7
* Fixed the issue with file type detection in NetBeans IDE 6.1 Beta
* Implemented code generation from ADL file(s)
* Added project template
* Added class template for TBN component class
* Added class template for TBN event class
2008-03-18 v. 0.1.6
* Fixed the issue with the small Graph view window
* Replaced usages of deprecated APIs
* Changed some unchecked or unsafe operations
2008-02-21 v. 0.1.5:
* Implemented automagic saving of locations
* Implemented saving of zoom factor
* Added dialog for choosing event class of right type when adding a binding
* Added dialog for choosing handler method when adding a subscription
* Fixed issue with need for extra xmlns attribute in ADL file root element
* Fixed issue with need for extra xmlns attribute in topology file root element
* Fixed issue with the module using dependencies added in Java 6, so it should now be possible to run with JDK 5.
2008-02-11 v. 0.1.3:
* Added support for start sequences in ADL
* Added positions saving to Topology Graph
* Added zoom to Topology Graph
* Added refactoring: rename of Node in Topology Graph view now updates links
* Implemented save of field values in Topology Design view
2008-02-10 v. 0.1.2:
* Initial release
- Changing values in Design view does not update dependencies
- In Graph view: When adding a new component its package name is set to package.<ComponentName>
The code depends on implementation versions of some NetBeans modules
Bug: Sometimes when removing a channel, all of its content is not removed which means you have to go into the XML and manually remove the tag channel.
The user is now allowed to enter an empty name of a subscription or binding which leads to strange
Bug: Design -> Start sequence -> components/channels -> Edit and pressing Cancel removes the entry which it should not do.
The topology file is identifed only by the root element "topology" which means possible future collision with other module claiming that name.
- Module does not work in NetBeans IDE 6.1 Beta. Problem is fixed in next release (0.1.7).
- It's not possible now to make the Graph view window higher
- The code uses some depricated API:s
- The code uses some unchecked or unsafe operation
- The module does not work with JDK 5, only JDK 6 is supported in the current version
- For the module to recognize the topology file its root element must be:
<topology xmlns="topology.xsd" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="topology.xsd">
- For the module to recognize the ADL file its root element must be:
<tns:configuration xmlns="http://www.sics.se/adl" xmlns:tns="http://www.sics.se/adl">
Due to the need for an extra xmlns attribute in the root element of the topology file it does not pass the validation by TBN but should anyway work.
For the ADL file to to correctly parsed by the module all tags has to be prefixed with "tns:"
In Graph view: You will have to manually press "Save positions" for the locations of the nodes/components/channels to be saved. Otherwise they are back on there origional positions after leaving the Graph view.
In Graph view: When adding a new subscription it always gets the name sampleHandler
In Graph view: When adding a new binding it always gets the name sampleEvent
In Graph view: The zoom factor is not saved and will be restored to 100% when leaving Graph view
Resize components and channels
When adding a compont/channel/node it should be put inside the currently visible area
When adding multiple bindings/subscriptions between two nodes there labels should not be put
on top of each other
Component/ComponentFactory should have a label which makis it possible to change the
componentClass in Graph view.
All input should be validated
When adding a binding it should be possible to choose from a list of event classes handled
by that channel
When adding a subscription the correct name of the handler should be set
The module is based on following the tutorials and blogs below: